Thursday, April 19, 2012

Best and Worst of Tech Topics

I have really enjoyed this class overall. I feel as though I learned a lot about technology, especially technology that I can use effectively in my classroom in the future. While it is difficult at the moment with the school I currently work for to incorporate many of these ideas, I appreciate that I am now more educated in them. I think that all of the topics covered in this class are vital to helping us be the 21st Century educators that are going to be teaching the most technologically advanced generation yet.

One of my favorite parts of the class was learning about new and different presentation tools rather than just sticking to the generic PowerPoint presentations it seems that everyone uses. I liked being able to develop my own presentation on one of these other tools in order to really learn how to use it and be able to incorporate it into lessons I will teach in the future. While at times I did not really enjoy completing a lot of the work that went into our online portfolios, I really did enjoy the project as a whole. I thought it was neat to be able to build our own website filled with projects we have completed and will be able to use as a valuable resource upon entering a job search in a couple of years.

After taking this class, I have been advocating at the agency I work for to purchase more technology to be used in our classrooms. I am hoping that once our available technology is improved, I will be able to not only use a lot these tools I learned about this semester in my classroom, but to help other teachers at the agency do so as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment