Wednesday, March 21, 2012

21st Century Teaching...

I think that the central tenants of educating students using 21st century teaching skills are extremely valuable in theory. However, I find it hard to be able to incorporate such ideas into my classroom. Because of the population I work with and the lack of resources available to me, it is challenging to incorporate any sort of technology into our day to day classroom work. I believe that it is vitally important to encourage students to learn how to use technology more effectively and to assimilate those skills into teaching the standard curriculum; however, there is no possible way for me to do that at the school I currently work for. I do, however, feel as though I attempt to include other 21st century teaching skills by developing hands-on projects that engage the whole student, their creative abilities, and their intellect rather than only teaching through lecture and notes on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment